Treat yourself to this delicious prawn and chorizo spaghetti recipe. Ready in 30 mins, this is a mouthwatering delight!
- 200g of our Raw Headless Shell-On
- 2 packs of Chorizo
- 2 pots of red wine vinegar
- 2 onions
- 2 sachets of tomato purée
- 2 punnets of baby tomatoes
- 2 bunches of chives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pinches of chilli flakes
- 350g of spaghetti
Assembling & Plating
1. Place a large saucepan of water to boil for the pasta. Once boiled add the Spaghetti.
2. Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, peel and grate the garlic. Halve the baby plum tomatoes. Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the chives. Once done, set those aside.
2. Then, heat a little oil in a frying pan on high heat. Add the chorizo, stir-fry until just turning crispy, 2-3 mins.
3. Lower the heat to medium, add a small teaspoon of butter and stir in the tomatoes and onion. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix it all up. Cover with a lid (or foil) then leave to cook until the onion is soft and the tomatoes have burst, stirring once or twice. This should take 10-12 mins.
4. Add the prawns into to the sauce, mix together and cook for a further 3-4 mins. By now, the spaghetti should be ready, so drain from the saucepan and leave aside.
5. Once the prawns have been thoroughly cooked, add the cooked spaghetti to the prawn and chorizo sauce mix. Stir throughly.
6. Once stirred, plate up and enjoy!
About The Happy Prawn Co.
The Happy Prawn Co. is an independent, ethical brand producing 100% natural, 100% traceable Black Tiger prawns from Indonesia. Aimed at seafood lovers and foodies alike, the brand officially launched in 2018, but it’s the result of more than a decade’s dedication.
Check out this short video about our story here: