A twist on a renowned Indonesian dish that will set your tastebuds ablaze! Prawn Satay is not only traditional but sensational.
- 200g of our Peeled & Cooked, defrosted and dry.
- 200g of instant rice noodles
- 100g of peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and cut into half moons
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 5 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
- 16g mint, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
1. Boil the rice noodles until cooked, drain and leave to rest aside.
2. Finely shop the spring onions, carrots, pepper and mint and leave to the side.
3. Mix the peanut butter, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, honey and soy together.
4. Then, gradually whisk 100ml warm water until you have a runny consistency and leave to the side.
5. Defrost and dry the prawns and glaze them with some of the sauce. Lightly fry them to lock in the flavour until warm/hot.
Assembling & Plating
1. Place the noodles on the plate.
2. Place the heated coated prawns on top of the bed of noodles.
3. Drizzle the satay sauce over the prawns.
4. Top with the copped vegetables: shreds of carrot, yellow pepper, mint, spring onion.
5. Serve alongside cucumbers.
6. Tuck in and enjoy your prawn satay!
About The Happy Prawn Co.
The Happy Prawn Co. is an independent, ethical brand producing 100% natural, 100% traceable Black Tiger prawns from Indonesia. Aimed at seafood lovers and foodies alike, the brand officially launched in 2018, but it’s the result of more than a decade’s dedication.
Check out this short video about our story here: