Prawn and Apricot Couscous
Sweeten your pallet with this delicious and quick recipe for prawn and apricot couscous! This twist on a popular North-African dish will leave you craving more.
- 200g of our Peeled & Cooked Prawns
- 200g of Couscous
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 4 Tomatoes
- 4 Apricots
- 20 ml of Olive oil
- 2 sticks of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Chilli power
- 1 tsp of Turmeric powder
- A bunch of coriander
- 2 lemons
Assembling and plating
1. To make the couscous, place about 300 ml of water in medium sized pot, with half of the recommended amount of oil (10ml) and bring to a boil.
Note: You may add a pinch of salt or 12g of butter if you wish.
2. Once boiled, turn off the heat and add the 200g of couscous. Place a cover over the pot and leave the couscous to steam for 5 -6 minutes.
3. Whilst the couscous is cooking, place the remainder of the recommended amount of olive oil (10ml) into a sauce pan. chop the tomatoes, apricots, chilli powder, turmeric and garlic and place them all in the prepared saucepan.
4. As those ingredients cook together, chop 1 lemon into segments and squeeze for the juice.
5. Then add in all the cooked prawns into the saucepan for 1 minute. Be sure to stir the prawns in the mixture well.
6. Once the couscous is ready, it will appear flat. Grab a fork to fluff it up and break up the clumps for light and perfect couscous.
7. Once fluffed, add the prawn and vegetable mix from the saucepan to the couscous and stir well. Whilst doing this, add the bunch of coriander and stir.
8. Add the cinnamon sticks for decoration, plate up your prawn and apricot couscous and enjoy!
About The Happy Prawn Co.
The Happy Prawn Co. is an independent, ethical brand producing 100% natural, 100% traceable Black Tiger prawns from Indonesia. Aimed at seafood lovers and foodies alike, the brand officially launched in 2018, but it’s the result of more than a decade’s dedication.
Check out this short video about our story here: