Fancy some fried goodness? These flavoursome fritters are ready in 15 and make a wonderful starter, treat or side dish.
- 200g of our Raw Peeled prawns
- 200g of plain flour
- 200g of cornflour kernels
- 1.5 tbsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of yellow or red Thai curry paste.
- Small bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 185ml of milk
Assembling & Plating
1. Pour the flour, baking powder and ½ tsp salt into a bowl. Whisk in the eggs and milk to form a thick smooth batter.
2. Stir the curry paste into the batter and mix until combined.
3. Place the sweetcorn, spring onions, coriander and prawns into another larger bowl.
4. Pour the batter into the sweetcorn mixed bowl and fold through to combine.
5. Heat a few tbsp of oil in a large, non-stick pan until hot.
6. For 2-3 minutes, fry large spoonfuls of the batter at a time.
7. Once fried, leave too cool.
8. Serve with the sweet chilli sauce and enjoy these flavoursome fritters!
About The Happy Prawn Co.
The Happy Prawn Co. is an independent, ethical brand producing 100% natural, 100% traceable Black Tiger prawns from Indonesia. Aimed at seafood lovers and foodies alike, the brand officially launched in 2018, but it’s the result of more than a decade’s dedication.
Check out this short video about our story here: