BBQ Honey-Glazed Skewered Prawns
Sticky and sweet, this will spark summer time sensations! Ready in less than 20 mins, this quick recipe is simply perfect for a BBQ twist.
- 200g of our Raw Peeled Prawns
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp of honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1tbsp of Mirin (Sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 15g of chopped parsley
- 1.5 courgette
- 83g asparagus tips
Assembling and plating
1. Prepare the prawns by skewering 3 or 4 onto wooden skewers.
Tip: soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 mins to avoid burning prior to use.
2. Mix in a bowl: a tablespoon of olive oil with 1.5 tbsp honey, the minced clove of garlic, the chopped chilli, the 1 tbsp mirin (rice wine) and chopped parsley. Leave aside until further use as this is the sauce for the prawns.
3. Heat the griddle, or ready the BBQ, then place the skewers on it to cook. Then wash the sauce over it using a basting brush on both sides and leave to cook.
Remember: the prawn has to fully turn into bright orange and red, as well as look firmer in texture. The sauce should also become a thick and sticky glaze.
4. Whilst the prawns are cooking, slice the courgette into ribbons using a peeler and place it in a hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil to cook.
5. Once the vegetables are hot and cooked, place them onto a plate.
6. Check the prawns, and once cooked, place on top of the hot vegetables.
7. Serve and enjoy your BBQ Honey-Glazed Skewered Prawns
About The Happy Prawn Co.
The Happy Prawn Co. is an independent, ethical brand producing 100% natural, 100% traceable Black Tiger prawns from Indonesia. Aimed at seafood lovers and foodies alike, the brand officially launched in 2018, but it’s the result of more than a decade’s dedication.
Check out this short video about our story here: